makes 3-4 servings
- 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of a soft cheese, such as whole milk ricotta or cream cheese
- big handful of mild cheddar
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- tablespoon of butter
- 2-3 tbsp of flour
- either water or milk to make it a little thinner
- Pasta of your choice: Elbows, Pastina, Stars, etc…
1. Cook your pasta.
2. In a separate pan, put a TBSP of butter in a pan and melt it.
3. Sprinkle maybe 2-3 tbs of flour and mix to make a rue. Let it cook to get the raw flour taste out for maybe 3-4 minutes.
4. Pour in enough milk to cover the bottom of the pan (maybe 1/2 a cup)… whisk together. This will thicken the milk.
5. Add whatever cheese you have on hand.
6. Cook of low and stir, stir, stir. When it’s all melted and mixed well, scoop it on top of the noodles.
When you reheat, if its too thick, add milk so it isn’t too thick.
Submitted by Sarah D.