Mac & Cheese Bites ( We also recommend you try to use Sarah’s Mac and Cheese recipe but follow the rest)
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- ½ cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ teaspoons of butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of flour
- ¼ cup of whole milk or breast milk
- ½ cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 375 F. (190 c), spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the macaroni like you would any pasta.
- In the same sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the milk while whisking constantly, until smooth. Continuing to whisk, slowly add the cheese until smooth. Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add the egg to the pasta and mix well.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into about 12 of the muffin cups. Bake until crisp and browned around the edges and bubbling (about 10 mins).
- Store in a the refrigerator for three days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Submitted by Amanda M.