Veggie Spice Muffins
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup of shredded Carrot and Zucchini
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup plain whole milk greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup of the master muffin mix ( 1 ½ cups of flour, 2 cups of white whole wheat flour, ¾ cup wheat brain, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and ¾ cup of brown sugar). This mix makes 5 cups of mix which is enough for 5 batches of muffins. Store the left overs in a plastic zippered bag in the freezer for one month.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) spray 24 mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Pat the carrot and zucchini dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg, oil, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, spices and carrot/zucchini mixture. Add the muffin mix and stire until just evenly moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the mix into the pans. Bake until the muffins are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean. (about 13 minutes).
Submitted by Amanda M.