- 3 medium sized zucchini, about 9 to 10 inches long
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- scant 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Seasoning or mixed Italian herbs
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
1. Cut the Zucchini in a “grid shape like this:
2. Place the zucchini sticks in a colander over a bowl, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of salt. Let them drain for 1 hour or longer.
3. Rinse thoroughly, then pat dry.
4. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and spray the parchment with olive oil.
5. Combine the Panko bread crymbs, cheese, and pizza seasoning and mix thoroughly until combined.
6. Dip each zucchini stick in the egg mixture.
7. Then dip each piece in the crumb mix, one by one. Doing more than one at a time might make the crumb mix too wet too fast. Put each finished piece onto a lined, greased baking sheet. The original recipe calls for parchment paper sprayed with olive oil spray.
8. Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip, and then bake an additional 12 to 16 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
There is a lovely dip that goes with this, but it’s not included here. If you’re interested, visit the original post here.