- 3 medium sized zucchini, about 9 to 10 inches long
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- scant 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Seasoning or mixed Italian herbs
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
1. Cut the Zucchini in a “grid shape like this:
2. Place the zucchini sticks in a colander over a bowl, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of salt. Let them drain for 1 hour or longer.
3. Rinse thoroughly, then pat dry.
4. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and spray the parchment with olive oil.
5. Combine the Panko bread crymbs, cheese, and pizza seasoning and mix thoroughly until combined.
6. Dip each zucchini stick in the egg mixture.
7. Then dip each piece in the crumb mix, one by one. Doing more than one at a time might make the crumb mix too wet too fast. Put each finished piece onto a lined, greased baking sheet. The original recipe calls for parchment paper sprayed with olive oil spray.
8. Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip, and then bake an additional 12 to 16 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
There is a lovely dip that goes with this, but it’s not included here. If you’re interested, visit the original post here.
From Mummy Musings & Mayhem
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Grated Sweet Potato
- 1/3 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Grated pumpkin
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 Cup Oil (Vegetable or Canola)
Now you need to….
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and then make a well in the centre.
- Add sugar, eggs, grated veggies and oil and combine well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased mini muffin (or large if you prefer) tin and bake for 15-20 mins in a moderate oven (180 Celsius).
- Leave in the tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a rack to cool.
Perhaps your toddler might enjoy them too? They might also like these toddler favourites i have previously posted…..
Serves 2 Adults and 1 Baby generously
- 225 g (8 oz) red lentils, rinsed thoroughly in cold water and drained
- 450 mL (16 oz) of water
- oil or butter, preferably unsalted, for frying
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) grated cheese
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25 g (1 oz) fresh bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the lentils into a pan with water and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the lentils are soft and all the liquid is absorbed. Check occasionally and skim off any froth.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and add the onion and fry until soft.
- Drain the lentils and the onion and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Press into the prepared tin using the back of a spoon.
- Oven bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into wedges. Serve warm or cold.
Submitted by Kathy A.
Here’s a starter list!
And basic recipes on how to cook them can be found here.
- Butternut Squash
- Green Beans
- Spaghetti Squash
- Sweet Potato
- Yellow Squash